Saturday, January 24, 2015

Week 2: Lordship and Repentence

       First full week of lectures! This was a very busy, but a amazing week. We have two hours of worship a week and two hours of intercession. After that we have two lectures everyday in the morning, separated by morning tea (of course), then lunch and ministry placements (work duties) 'til dinner and then various things after dinner on  the different days. My ministry placement is the construction crew so we already repaired a deck but we will mostly be painting. I do that half day Tuesday and then all day Wednesday and Thursday. My worship based class is on Mondays. After dinner we have Tapu night (always is different), stream bonding (play games and stuff), worship practice. Friday is free and so are weekends! This past Saturday we went to Cathedral Cove which is were The Chronicles of Narnia  : Prince Caspian was filmed. It was soooooooooo cool!! We jumped off cliffs and played volleyball and only got sunburned a little!!! Today (Sunday) was relaxed. I found a church that I love called Mosaic and they actually have a band that reached number 1 in NZ for a little. Very fun.

       It is crazy to think it has only been two weeks. Already these are some of the best friends I have ever had (don't be offended gr8). Our speakers name is Marty and he is such a nut. Pretty much this week was about surrendering all. Literally EVERYTHING. I have grown up being taught that when you sin, you should repent to God. However, actually receiving His love was something that I wasn't taught. When Christ died for my sins it wasn't just for show. It was actually taken away! As simple as that sounds, it was a huge revelation this week. We started a culture here of transparency. On Thursday, we spent about 6 straight hours standing on chairs and just publicly declaring our forgiven in Christ. Now it is such a common thing. During dinner someone may stand up on the table and just scream "Jesus, forgive my comparison!!!" It is such a freeing environment. I am learning to be confident in who I am and to truly prioritize God. Pretty sweet eh? I am really enjoying my time here, but it is very busy and tiring with little time by yourself. I didn't post pictures this time but I am posting on Instagram (addycakes16) if you want to check them out (I think they are sweet). Thanks so much for reading!

P.S. The cell phone service is sketchy at times. Email or iMessaging are much more reliable. Have good weeks everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment