Saturday, January 10, 2015

I AM HERE!!!

       Hey ya'll! So I am safely in Tauranga, NZ at the base on a beautiful Sunday morning. I arrived here yesterday at around 4 pm local time. Travelling was LONG. I left Lancaster at 5 in the morning and flew from Philly around 9. Saying all of those goodbyes was hard but it was very exciting to leave and be entirely on my own. When I got on the plane, I started talking with a man named Jacob and turns out he was going my direction until LA so we hung out and played cards. It was a blessing to have a travel buddy for the first part. After landing in Denver, 3 hour layover, then 2 hour flight. I had to change airlines after LA so I was walking around outside the airport in 75 degree weather which was so nice. 3 hours later I was on my way to Auckland. It was a thirteen hour flight on the nicest airline I have ever been on. They had screens on the back of the chairs and I could play Pacman on them! I slept a good bit though which was nice. After that, I waited for buses and explored a mall while waiting. I also played tag with a little girl at a bus stop which was fun. 

       I finally arrived and it felt amazing! The scenery here is incredible. I will post pictures later. After I unpacked everything, I played Dutch Blitz (which surprised me that it was here (someone from Holland brought it)), ate, ultimate frisbee, "volleyball", and dodge ball. By 9 P.M. I was dead. So there are 5 different streams (focuses) here. Prayer and Compassion, Worship (I'm doing this one), Go Pacific, Justice (they are separate from the others), and Medical Compassion (this is like 80% of the students here). There are like 5 people in the worship group which I like. This is the Sunday before classes start so you will hear more about that next week. I am hoping to post every Sunday for everyone to check out. WiFi costs money here so I am going to be online selectively. I can text normally for free and phone calls are 20 cents a minute. It's weird to think I am on an island on the other side of the world but I am enjoying it thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment