Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 5:Character and Nature of God

       Hello friends! So once again this one is late J. On Sunday, I had to bake for the next days meeting, read my book, write this blog, and do laundry…so I played volleyball instead. It’s funny how intentional you have to be to get things done. There are just so many fun people! This week was pretty good. Our speaker’s name was Peter Brownhill and he taught on the nature and character of God. He taught us the difference between His character and nature. His nature is attributes that God is. For example, He is omnipotent, omnipresent, the Trinity, omniscient, infinite, everlasting, etc. His character though, is what he chooses to do. Which while that list is sooooo long he only focused on 8: Love (which is on both lists and is soooo confusing!), holiness, mercy, righteous, justice, wisdom, faithfulness, and truthfulness. I am finding that the more I try and understand who He is, the more I get lost. I am learning (on paper and through experience) that He truly does have me. These little blogs really don’t do justice for what I am learning, but what I know for sure is that the most important things I have learned have been through my quiet time with Him and through worship. This week, I really got to see the beauty of life and how there is no reason to worry at all because “no one can take me out of my Father’s hand”. Life is good eh?
     This week was a week of encouragement so we all picked a name out of a hat and secretly blessed that person with gifts, notes, encouragements, etc. The person blessing me was so sweet and gave me a note everyday with either chocolate or tea (which I have fallen in love with since being here). Weekends have now turned into a time to sit back and relax because during our weekdays we move so fast. Time is flying so fast and it’s hard to believe that we are half way through our lecture phase. I am praying about what the future holds for me (btw I got into the Honor’s College at Messiah College!) so as far as prayer requests go that would be nice J.
       Seriously the love from people for the texts and encouragements and reading this is amazing so thank you all so much for your support! It is appreciated!!!


       Fun story about how amazing John Hartman is: he sent me a “care package” that included half a roll of toilet paper, a quarter of a pack of lifesavers, pictures of our youth group (and an elephant’s butt), some snacks, and a journal with a lot of funny notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment