Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 4: Father Heart of God

       I will start off with an apology for this being two days late. The week days are so busy and the weekends are so free that I always want to do stuff so I pushed this off until now. So we found out where we are going on outreach. We are going to (drum roll)...India! We are going to Kolkata, India and that is pretty much all we know at this point. Our leaders were the ones who prayed about this and decided where we would go. While separated from each other, they each felt God pulling them towards India. One night our one leader was in bed with her husband and she felt God say that her husband would say where they are going. Three minutes later, without knowing that God said India to his wife, he rolled over and said that he feels led to India! So God has a plan for us to go to India :) This past week was pretty good. Our speakers name was Femi and he heard God so clearly. He would start off the class by talking about something and then (almost like he was being interrupted) would stop, smile, and walk slowly to someone in the room and prophecy for their life. It was crazy how spot on he was too! Prior to coming here he knew none of us, so it was crazy that he heard what God was saying so clearly. He also spoke over my leaders life and said that she will have authority over the dark powers in India. He did not know we already decided to go there! Crazy! God's work in my own life has been focused around identity and me living as a son. That regardless of my doings, He is good and loves me the same. Also that he is not an abusive father but that He is for me and working with me and wants the best for me. These are truths that I am trying to view my entire life through. This week started off really good so I am siked to see what happens.

       Fun story of the week: There is a waterfall on base and a group of us decided to walk up the river and we found 2 more waterfalls after about a mile of walking. We also found a dead sheep in the water (go figure), some scary eels, and a nice cliff to jump off of into the water. My friend made a video of the experience so watch my Facebook for the posting! It was one of my favorite days while being here. 

     Thanks for reading guys and thanks to those that have been reaching out to me. It seriously means a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment